Monday, July 26, 2004

Vacation

Well it's been just over a week and a lot has happened.

Firstly, the beginners did their first race.  All finished with big smiles on their faces.  It was a good day for a race, mid twenties, sunny and not too windy.  Personally I did the first 2.5K in 10:12, got so excited by the time, I got a stitch and dragged myself back in.  Still got a fairly respectable time but well off my PB.

Stayed around and had a few drinks after the race.  I knew a bunch of people there.

Did a hot and Sticky 29+K run on the Sunday, the last 23K on my own.  It was sticky and I dragged my butt back in on the last couple of K.

On the Monday we went on vacation to Niagara Falls for a few days.  I did manage to get a couple of 6K runs in, right past Horseshoe Falls.  It's quite refreshing to run in the mist of the falls.  Our hotel was at the top of a very steep hill which was also fun to run up.  All the tourists looked at me like I was mad, while they were too lazy to even get out of their cars to take a photo of the Falls.

This Sunday I got a 26K run in, very comfortable for the whole run although it was a few degrees cooler than the previous week.  I'm thinking of running the beaches this Sunday.

Today I sent off my proof of performance for a preferred start at the Chicago Marathon.  Soon it will be time to apply for a spot in the London Marathon again.

No comments: