Thursday, April 14, 2005

Countdown to race day - 17 Days

The weather is really starting to cooperate with my training. Yesterday it was sunny all day and warm enough last night to do hill work in shorts. I ran a total of 8K with 5 hill repeats and felt pretty good even though I had eaten too much not long before. When will I learn?

Today I went out for a recovery run and added tomorrows miles to today so I ended up doing another 8K up Wilket Creek to Edwards Gardens. There was a school group running up the trial. It was fun to encourage them as I ran past the stragglers. As I entered Edwards gardens their teachers were there with a clipboard and stopwatch so I asked them if I won and one of them said 'You're first in your age group'. My legs are a little sore this afternoon but I have tomorrow and Saturday off so I should be well rested for my shorter long run on Sunday.

Only 17 days 'til the pig. I'm getting excited!

No comments: