Tuesday, June 12, 2007

TIP - Planning ahead

I talk a lot about aiming for a goal race and the importance of having something to work towards. As you approach your goal race I'd like you to start thinking about where you want to go next.

Some people want to run further, some faster and some want to be able to run consistently for years to come. Whatever it is that you want to do, pick an event and work towards it. If you wait until you finish the goal race before starting to think about what you want to do next you will run the risk of 'falling off the wagon' and losing sight of why you chose to get fit in the first place. I've seen it too often where people say "I'll take a couple of weeks off before deciding what to do next" only to find themselves falling back into their old habits. It's much better to plan a couple of weeks rest into your schedule once you've committed to your next goal.

If you're ever looking for recommendations for events to do or strategies of how to get there, let me know and I'll do my best to help you achieve whatever it is that you are looking for. For now just start to think about it and plan ahead.

No comments: