Monday, February 28, 2005

Why do I do this to myself?

I was planning a 36K run on Sunday so in preparation I stayed out drinking late on Friday night, spent all day Saturday eating and drinking too much and stayed up late again and then Sunday morning rolls around.

For some unknown reason I didn't feel too much like doing 36K but I still got out there at 7:30. I did an 8K run before pacing the marathon clinic for 16K and then headed out for the final 12K. After about 1 or 2K I was already trying to give myself excuses to turn back early but we did manage to get 10 of the planned 12 in.

The long and the short of it is that I got 34K in, which wasn't bad.

The good thing about running with other people is that it makes it harder for you to quit, unless it's the guy from last week!

This week I am going on vacation so I'm not sure how much running I will get in, luckily it is a drop down week and I need the rest!

No comments: