Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Countdown to race day - 12 Days

Today's plan was for a 5K recovery run. I love the taper weeks, you just go out there and run. You don't have to go far or fast, just run.

I went down to the trail behind the science centre and decided to do a little off-road running as there's about a 1.5K stretch I could do and make it a 5K loop. I was enjoying it until a crazy squirrel started to chase me. Yes...CHASE. It was on the trail about 10 feet in front of me and I guess the first clue should have been the fact it didn't run away when it saw me. Next thing I know, it's actually chasing me down the trail and those things can move fast.

I had visions of it running up my legs and I was totally freaked. I guess I finally moved far enough away from it's home and it went back to spraying graffiti on the trees (the squirrels around here are tough).

Anyway, after that short sprint the rest of the run was uneventful but I have to remember to start showering with colder water after my lunchtime runs.

No comments: