This Saturday is the first trail running session of the Intro to Trails clinic
When: This Saturday morning (April 1st)
Time: 8 am
Where: Rouge Valley Park
What to bring:
- A positive attitude towards having fun.
- Shoes that have some traction left in them, but ones that you don't mind getting a little dirty.
- A friend to enjoy trail running with.
- Money to go out for a well deserved coffee or tea afterwards and share our trail stories.
What to expect:
- We will start with introductions and making sure that everyone is registered and ready to participate.
- We will go over a introductory talk about gear and shoes.
- Then we will talk about how the Saturday sessions will take place and what to expect in the weeks to come.
- We will follow this up with a group run through the lower section of the Rouge Valley trail with some walks and stops to talk about safety and other concerns while trail running.
- Depending on the weather, trail sessions will be between 60 and 90 minutes long.
Directions to get there:
The Glen Rouge Campground is located off Highway #2 (Kingston Road), just north of Highway 401 and east of the Sheppard Avenue/Port Union Road interchange.
- From Highway 401 eastbound take exit #390 Port Union, turn left off the ramp onto eastbound Highway 2 (also known as Kingston Road) and continue east for approximately 2 km. The Glen Rouge Campground will be on your left at the bottom of the hill just before the Rouge River.
- From Highway 401 westbound take exit #394 Whites Road, turn left off the ramp onto westbound Highway 2 (also known as Kingston Road) and continue west approximately 2 km. The Glen Rouge Campground will be your right just after the Rouge River.