Thursday, August 05, 2004

Achilles

Yesterday was a pretty miserable day but as I was going out for my run in the evening the sun came out and it was looking good. Within about 2 minutes of running the heavens opened and it rained for almost the entire run. Ran 8K with Dave who is now confirmed to come to Chicago with us and planned a nice easy pace but came in just a little over 5 minutes per K.

Today I went out at lunch and it was a great day for a run. Low 20's, sunny with a few clouds. I ran 10K up to and around Edwards Gardens and felt pretty good.

The problem right now is my Achilles which has tightened up a lot since the run and is pretty sore now. Both pairs of shoes I'm using right now are over 500K so it's time to get a new pair.

I have people inquiring about clinics in the lead up to the Scotiabank runs in September but still haven't heard back from the charity if it's a go or not so I'm kind of in limbo right now.

I may not run tomorrow to give my Achilles a little rest but Sunday I'll be doing 32K.

No comments: