Monday, August 09, 2004

New Shoes

Went to the store on Saturday and bought a new pair of Shoes. Got the Saucony Grid Swerve which felt most like my old Nikes. Not entirely sure they were the best idea as now I find out that they are not a high mileage shoe.

Went out for a 32K training run on Sunday wearing my new shoes which is exactly what I tell all my marathon participants NOT to do! Now I have a blister the size of a quarter on my heel. Compeed blister band-aids work wonders but I'm still a little sore when I have shoes on!

On my 32K I ran all the way into Linde Shores Conservation area in Whitby. It was a good run despite the blister and only started getting hot on the last 4K as I ran away from the lake.

In those seven days I ran a total of 80K due to running last weeks long run on the Monday. My achilles doesn't feel too bad and the legs hardly ache at all.

Next Sunday 36K!

No comments: